CONTENTS] [MAIN PAGE] [HISTORY]
BJÖRKHOLMEN IN NOVEMBER 1941, PART I
- The old main road in and out of Hanko. Today most of the traffic goes in the new Hanko - Hyvinkää road. The anti-tank obstacles are right next to the road and can be seen on the right side of the picture. The other structures in the area of Vitsand are located within one to two kilometers.
- Remains from the mining job, which has been performed in the area, to construct the anti-tank obstacles. The obstacle line goes right next to these rather small stones, which were left lying here.
- The massive stone row stops any movement in the forest.
- The stone row goes towards the sea...
- ...where it finally ends.
- There is also old road next to the shoreline.
- The barrier across the road is attached to one of the stones from the anti-tank obstacle line with a rusted bolt.
Copyright © 2005, 2006 Kimmo Nummela