CONTENTS] [MAIN PAGE] [HISTORY]
EXCERPT FROM THE FLIGHT LOG OF SQUADRON 6
- The thing is, that I'm not completely sure if this place has served as a command post, but certainly some activity and meaning this place has had for Harparskog-line. The nearby trench line and dugout remains confirm this. This location would suit to a command post, as from this location messages could have reached quickly all the areas, which have been fortified.
- The door to the cellar/command post has seen many people passing by...
- The roof of the cellar/command post has collapsed. Picture shows view towards the entrance.
- View towards backside of the structure.
- Backside of the cellar. Adolf Molnar in his book Teasing the encirclement of Hanko tells that in Kamsholmen the local command post was located in a potato cellar. Most likely it is a very similar structure to this one.
- The structure seen from a distance.
- One of the dugout remains near of the cellar/command post. Much has been destroyed in the area, because there is now a sandpit nearby.
- The same remains as in the previous picture.
- A short section from a trench line is still visible.
- The trench line leads to a small pit, which still has some wooden frame remaining.
- Close up to the pit. The wooden frame is visible nearly in the middle of the picture.
- The main road in the area, which was also used by the troops constructing and mining the structures for Harparskog-line in this area.
Copyright © 2005, 2006 Kimmo Nummela