CONTENTS] [MAIN PAGE] [HISTORY]
AIR FORCES IN THE AREA OF HANKO, PART II
- We actually had given up hope of finding the structure 422 and decided to head back to the car, when I happened to look down and spotted barbed wire. I was standing on top of the structure, from which nothing much is remaining.
- Short section of barbed wire is still right next to the remains.
- There has been a clear stone construction build right next to a rock, which would have provided a very sturdy wall for the accommodation bunker/dugout.
- The same dugout remains seen from a distance.
- Near of the previous remains is also another dugout remains, which would be one candidate for the structure 422.
- Sometimes finding the remains from the Harparskog-line is just a matter of luck.
Copyright © 2005, 2006 Kimmo Nummela