CONTENTS] [MAIN PAGE] [HISTORY]
NEW ORDER FOR THE SECTION HANKO
- Structure 202, which has survived excellently in the forest. As it has been build partly to the rock, erosion hasn't been able to consume the edges and thus it is still very visible in the forest.
- The entrance is still visible to the position.
- Even when the fortification maps do seem to be very correct, it is always surprising to actually find the positions, especially from some remote locations.
- The road, which leads to the shores of the Vitsand area.
- An old bucket lies next to the road.
- Hanko - Hyvinkää railroad goes nearby. The nearby area of the railway crossing contains many dugout remains and the structure 202 isn't far away either. Today the Hanko - Hyvinkää road goes right next to the railroad, but in 1940's, the easiest way to transport troops and supplies to this location has been with the train, as the Hanko - Hyvinkää road didn't exist then. The road, which crosses the railroad, was here already in 1940's, marked as a vehicle path in the map.
Copyright © 2005, 2006 Kimmo Nummela